Business Development Manager
|Location||Remote (Australian Time Zones)|
|Reports to||Chief Executive Officer (CEO)|
|Compensation||Base Salary + Super Annuation + Commission|
What we do
Founded in 2019, Pearler is a software company that empowers our customers to efficiently respond to complex questionnaires such as RFP, Security, Cyber Risk, Due Diligence and Government Grant applications. Our proprietary solution is modern, adaptive and a joy to use.
We deeply care about making great software and making the complex world of procurement processes simple.
Our team has experience working on both sides of the procurement process; as a buyer assessing vendor risk and as a vendor selling to the Fortune 500. It was through these experiences that we realized there was a better way, and set about building a company to solve the inefficiencies of security and tender responses.
We're still in the early days, so you'll get to have a massive impact on our product direction, and helping us grow to be something truly special. We're in it for the long haul and we want to help you to reach your goals.
What you'll do
Pearler is looking to add a Business Development Manager to our Australian team. As part of this foundational go-to-market team, you will be critical to the success and growth of Pearler in the region. You will be responsible for working with outbound and inbound leads to create and foster new business opportunities.
As a Business Development Manager you will also collaborate with the wider Pearler team and work closely with the Engineering team to help evolve our product offering and close deals.
- 1 year of experience selling software products (SaaS preferred)
- Able to legally work in Australia
- Through a mix of outbound and inbound leads, you'll create new business opportunities to fuel Pearler's growth in Australia
- Developing and managing enterprise accounts in your region, territory, or vertical.
- Generating leads, building relationships with prospects, account profiling, and developing prospects into revenue-generating clients.
- Developing and managing a pipeline
- Negotiating contracts, upselling, and building rapport with clients.
- Engage customers through phone, email, and other channels in order to understand their challenges and identify opportunities to solve them
- Have the autonomy to operate beyond your role and help the team improve our process, training, use of technology, and any other aspects of our business
- Work with sales management to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to create opportunities for new business
- Maintain good CRM hygiene and keeping leads and accounts up to date
What you bring to the team
- Enjoy working in a fun, innovative, and passionate environment
- Be a strong communicator and have good active listening skills
- Passionate about helping others: solving problems through product offerings for your clients, assisting your teammates when needed
- Be a team player; always willing to share knowledge as necessary
- Coachable and eager for continuous improvement
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, asking for help early and as needed
What we offer
- Fully remote work
- Competitive compensation, generous commission and bonuses
- 20 days of Annual Leave per year
- 10 days of Personal Leave per year
Interested?Get in touch
After years of living both sides of the security questionnaire process, we wanted to make the 'box-ticking' into something that added real value for both companies.
Pearler was designed from the ground up to be the tool we wish we had. An amazing answer library that finds the best answers for you, real-time collaboration to bring your team together, clear analytics, and project management tools to make sure that you always know where you're up to.
We're passionate about taking the heroics out of answering questionnaires, and supercharging your team.