Import Questions from a Spreadsheet
Last updated: 31st January 2022
This article explains how to import questions into your project from a spreadsheet and classify the information for your questionnaires.
Import Questions from Spreadsheets
Add questions from the Welcome Screen
If you've just created a new project and still have the Welcome to your Project pop-up window open, you can click the Upload File button to get started uploading questions straight away.
If you've already closed the welcome screen, or want to add questions later, follow the steps below.
To import questions into your project:
- Open the Manage Project menu in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Add Questions from the menu.
The Question Sources screen displays and the Add File pop-up appears.
- Click the Choose file button.
- Navigate to your spreadsheet and click the Open button.
- Click the Upload button.
Pearler processes the file and displays all uploaded files and the sheets they contain in the Files list on the Question Sources screen.
Classify Data from Imported Spreadsheets
To classify data from spreadsheets:
- Click one of the sheets beneath a spreadsheet file you've uploaded.
Information about the spreadsheet configuration and any data it contains displays next to the Files list.
- Check the Include Sheet checkbox to include the questions in the sheet in your project. Pearler automatically classifies the data in the spreadsheet and deselects any cells that do not appear to contain valid questions.
- Classify each of the columns of the spreadsheet by selecting the relevant option from the dropdown menus at the top of each column.
- Assess which questions have been automatically included in the project and make any adjustments by ticking or un-ticking the checkboxes in the Include column.
Spreadsheets don't have to be empty to upload!
Pearler supports importing questionnaires that already contain answers.
- Click the Save Changes button in the top-right of the screen to save your classifications.
Pearler will create questions in your project for each of the questions that were selected to be included from your spreadsheet.
- Click the x in the top-right of the screen to close the Question Sources window. The home page will show the number of questions that were imported in the Incomplete Questions box on the top-left of the screen.
Add or remove questions
You can make changes to any of the questions by returning to the Question Sources screen (by selecting Add Questions from the Manage Project menu) and selecting the required spreadsheet.
Looking for more help using Pearler? No problem. Here are some other guides to help you get to know your way around all our great features.
Overview of Collaboration
This article gives an overview of Pearler's collaboration features. These features can be used to collaborate with both project team members and people outside of the project, without giving them access to the project itself.
Managing the Document Library
This article explains how to manage your Document Library. The Document Library allows you to view or archive currently uploaded documents, make archived documents available again, or upload new documents.
Import Questions from a Word Document
This article explains how to import questions into your project from a word document and classify the information for your questionnaires. Also see how to Import and Classify Questions from a Spreadsheet.